Friday, March 17, 2006

Thursday 3/16


Next weekend (saturday and sunday) Rosalind and I will be at the VB mt.bike clinic at Fort Ord in Monterey. This should be intersting. Saturday is the clinic and Sunday is the race. Hmmm... it'llbe my first race against the old goats since I just turned 40 this year. This put me in a whole new catagory. Problem is, most of the women in this catagory are usually very strong. I' mean it's not like they just started riding yesterday. Most of these women were runners, triathletes or just been riding for years. It'll be interesting to see how I do.

Its still pouring up here and I'm forced to head to the gym. So, another day with a 15 minute warm up on the treadmill, light (leg) weights, 1 hour spinning on my own and then I get to take the spin class. The instruction Brent gave me were as follows: "
Cynthia.
Just ride. Rain or shine.
Trainer or not. On trainer cut your time almost in half.
Free weights should be VERY light.
Best thing to do is ride weekdays (T-Th) on the trainer or spin bike for 2 hours, and put long miles on weekend. These are BASE miles, dont go hard. Just ride steady pace for the entire ride (meaning dont decrease your power at hour 2). M and F you should do long walks and or SUPER easy spins or combo of both.
A good practice is to get off the bike and walk it up steep hills on every ride.
good luck
Brent"
Brent is our (VeloBella) very own, number one Podium Boy and VB Road Team Manager. He's given both Rosalind and myself lots of useful information for the 24 HOA. Brents done this race many times solo so i have a lot of trust in him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home